Jack O' Lantern Fest, Spooner Area Chamber of Commerce, and Spooner Health System present...
The 5K Zombie Run!
Join us for a fall cryptic evening 5K Zombie Run that will take runners through the haunted woods of Spooner! But beware of what's around the next bend...you may have to run for your life!!
Online registration is NOW CLOSED! SEE BELOW ON HOW TO REGISTER THE DAY OF THE RACE (OCT. 12). All racers will be required to sign and turn in a waiver before participating. Download waiver here. Please bring race waiver to check in on race day or fax it to the Spooner Area Chamber of Commerce at 715-635-5170. You will not be able to participate if a signed waiver is not file. Those under age 18 will need a parent or guardian's signature on the waiver.
The Gory Details:
- 5K Zombie Run participants are encouraged (but not required) to dress up in their scariest zombie attire. Prize awarded for Best Dressed Zombie race participant.
- "Zombification" hair and makeup by Hair Envy Salon will be available before the race for an extra $5 fee! ZOMBIFICATION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE - MAXIMUM CAPACITY NOW REACHED (possibly exceptions on day of race due to any participant no-shows)! If you opted in for Zombification before 10/06/2013, please arrive early, so there is time to accommodate all requests. No refunds.
- Zombie Run racers who want to "up the fun fear factor" now have the option to add flag belts during the race. These flags indicate to our Zombies along the race course that chasing and scaring are allowable and encouraged! If you manage to keep both flags when you cross the finish line, your name will be entered into a drawing for prize! If your flag(s) do get into the hands of the undead, keep running and finish the race! Please stay on course during any interaction with our Zombies. **Flags belts must be returned at the finish line. **Flag belts available to the first 100 requests.
- Race Swag Bags are only guaranteed to the first 125 registrants. Any left overs will be given out by order of registration, and extra swag has been ordered due to the number of race participants, but all items and shirt sizes are not guaranteed. Kids' race shirts may differ slightly from the adult shirts. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE ORDERED ADDITIONAL RACE SHIRTS. WE HOPE TO HAVE ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE, BUT SHIRT SIZES AND STYLE MAY VARY SLIGHTLY FOR THOSE WHO REGISTER LATER & ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
- Limited edition 5K Zombie Run "Throat Coats" aka "Neck Buffs" will be available for sale on the day of the race. First come, first serve.
- Official timing will be provided for the first 250 people registered. If the number of participants exceeds 250 people, you can still run/walk, but you will not get a race bib, you will not qualify for prizes, and the cost of race entry will remain the same.
- You may run or walk the 5K. Competitive runners will be asked to line up first, then fun runners, followed by walkers.
- The cost of registration does not change even if the Race Swag Bags are no longer available. T-Shirt sizes are not guaranteed to anyone, but we will try our best to accommodate size requests.
- While registration is on an individual basis, racers are encouraged to run with friends (you may need a hand to hold!). Those under age 16 may participate as long as they run with an adult for the duration of the entire race.
- Water stations will be located at the approximate half-way point and at the finish line. - --- The race course will be clearly marked courtesy of the City of Spooner.
- Course terrain will contain paved trail and road/sidewalk (crossing guards will be provided for any street crossings).
- Conventional timing provided by Apple Race Berry JaM.
- CASH prizes awarded for 1st place finishers (men's and women's divisions). Prizes also awarded for 2nd & 3rd place for both men's and women's divisions and Best Zombie Costume.
- Stay after the race for music by DJ Kevin with Bullet Proof Entertainment and to cash in your free drink ticket at Schmitz's Economart Brewfest!
- Rain or shine.
- No refunds.
- Race committee members will be meeting every Tuesday and Thursday before race day to walk/run the course. All are welcome to join the pre-race training fun! Meet at the Spooner Memorial Library at 5:15 pm. Sponsored by The Body Shop 24-7 Fitness Center - Spooner.
5K Zombie Run Brand and Logo designed by Shari Sheehan with Color It Red.
Merchandise by Hidden Bay Graphics.
Printing by White Birch Printing
Where/When to sign up on day of race:
Those who do not preregister online for the race by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 10, will be required to sign up at the check-in tables at the festival grounds between 3:00 and 4:30 p.m. on the day of the race (Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013). Cash or check accepted. Cost goes up to $35 the day of the race and includes event t-shirt (size not guaranteed), Race Swag Bag, and one drink ticket to the first 125 race registrants only. Any extras will be given out in the order of registration. Sizes are not guaranteed for event shirts. Please arrive at 3 p.m. for race-day registration!
For questions or technical difficulties, please contact Spooner Area Chamber of Commerce Director Aaron Arf at firstname.lastname@example.org
LIKE the Jack O' Lantern Festival Facebook page to find out more about the family fun events held during the day. www.facebook.com/jackolanternfest
Holly S. Solveson